As an organization that has been engaged in the transportation funding dialogue and debate for more than 25 years, Move Colorado has been at the table with elected and appointed leaders, industry representatives, business and civic leaders and system users working collaboratively toward ensuring a sound, well-funded multi-modal transportation system across our state. Our work has included legislative efforts and state, local and regional ballot initiatives. We’ve had funding wins, such as FasTracks and the Pikes Peak Regional Transportation Authority (PPRTA) and SB21-260 – and we have experienced setbacks, most recently with the loss of Proposition 110. Whether a win or a loss, we know that Colorado’s transportation funding needs are constant. The system needs investment to remain safe and operational, and advancements continue to improve how the work is done – so our efforts have no sunset.
Move Colorado’s Policy Principles highlight:
- Our commitment to funding
- Ensuring all levels of government have access to the appropriate tools to enhance their system and serve their constituents
- Multi-modal options must be available
- We are stewards of our environment and must work with sustainability in mind
- Technology is ever evolving and must be utilized to advance our systems to the benefit of all Coloradans